This is a 2nd shift Lead position - 3:30 pm - 12:00 am M-F
This position is responsible for the technical guidance, coordination and delegation of assignments to technicians assigned to the aircraft. Serves in lieu of the Crew Chief during his absences.
• Helps crew members improve their skills, builds trust and promotes teamwork with the maintenance crew(s). Responsible for technical guidance of technicians assigned to the aircraft. Ensures technicians are aware of standard man hours on assigned tasks. Is technically competent on assigned aircraft and is capable of providing on-the-job training to other maintenance technicians when required.
• Upon arrival of aircraft, makes sure that it is properly placed in the hangar, it is properly protected, that the customer’s property is removed and secured and that an incoming inspection of the aircraft is performed. Coordinates all work on the aircraft with members of Airframe Group and other departments.
• Reviews Customer Request for Service Forms with the Crew Chief to determine the scope of work to be performed and any special maintenance requirements.
• Keeps the Crew Chief informed as to the progress of the job and any unusual or delaying findings.
• Is committed to the highest level of ethical conduct, promotes the use of safety equipment and ensures a safe working environment.
• Maintains and services aircraft. Analyzes a variety of technical problems associated with aircraft maintenance, determines causes and methods of repair. Interprets technical manuals, blueprints, schematic diagrams, written and verbal information. Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, flight controls and adjusts rigging as required. Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems.
• Travels on road trips as required, and is able to work unsupervised and handle any technical problem that may occur.
• May perform duties as a delegated inspector for the repair station.
• Finalizes all paperwork and turns in work order for closing. May be required to prepare “Release of Aircraft” form on assigned aircraft.
• Observes and supports all company policies and procedures with emphasis on safety and compliance.
• Must hold an FAA Airframe & Powerplant license.
• Must have factory authorized training on assigned aircraft (Falcon) and have a minimum of five years corporate aircraft maintenance experience.
• Must have a history of demonstrating high levels of initiative in completing all job assignments; clearly following directions and promoting teamwork within the department.
• Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.