about 1 month ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Additive Maintenance Specialist demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In the role of Lead Additive Maintenance Specialist, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, as the Lead Additive Maintenance Specialist, you will :
* Provide technical leadership to Manufacturing Engineering on facilities replacement, machine run-offs and installation
* Manage maintenance engineering projects and machine rebuilds / retrofits
* Prepare appropriation requests for machine tool and other equipment upgrades
* Consult with vendors, customers, and others on new and rebuild machine tool specification development
* Coordinate machine tool customers and other organization’s service technicians when required for diagnosis and repairs
* Manage maintenance craftsmen on specific maintenance projects or in the absence of the maintenance supervisor
* Provide training to the maintenance work force
* Recommend and schedule outside training programs
* Keep abreast of important technical developments that could improve machine tool performance
* Work with cross-functional team to perform machine modifications, make control logic changes, and provide updated training and documentation as required
* Work directly with Lead Facilities Specialist and fill-in during absences
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in an electrical / electronics position)
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in software controls, electro-hydraulic machinery, major machine run-offs / installations, and maintenance troubleshooting / repairs
* Proficiency with control software and PLC’s
* Installation / Maintenance experience on Direct Metal Laser Melting (DMLM) additive manufacturing equipment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Prior experience in a high performance work team environment
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Alabama; Auburn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.