Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager and under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, will provide guidance and technical assistance and labor for any and all problems associated with Aircraft repairs or servicing. Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Control to insure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of aircraft. Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- United States citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be fluent in the English language.
- Minimum one (1) year of aircraft maintenance experience
- Microsoft Office knowledge and experience (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- At least 6 months Embraer 170/175, 190 experience
- Documented Embraer system class
- FAR 121 aircraft maintenance experience with experience in a supervisory role as a Lead Mechanic or equivalent
- Associate’s degree or higher in an aviation related discipline and/or two (2) year AMT program
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions
Required Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
- Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
- Must have your own hand tools
- Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Payroll and time keeping requirements
- Demonstrate organization and time management skills.
- Detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel, with little guidance.
- Well-developed people skills and can work with a variety of personalities.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism with customers and work groups.
- Have a flexible work schedule and willing to assist others when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
- Take direction from, and coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Control.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor with assigning work to Mechanics
- Provide updates to Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Control with the status of work performed on aircraft.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Control with the movement of manpower, parts and tools to off-site work locations (i.e. road trips).
- Coordinating with the Maintenance Supervisor to insure the efficient use of staffing through establishing proper work assignments, efficient pre-shift preparation, and ensuring that each individual is engaged in assisting others after completion of their assigned tasks.
- Be aware of the arrival and departures of assigned aircraft at the applicable station.
- Provide a complete turnover of events that occurred during their shift and current items in work to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor that the on-the-job (OJT) technical training process is followed.
- Maintain an orderly and organized work area.
- Perform data entry and copying as needed.
- Commit and attend training events to develop professional skills.
- Help promote a positive and safety culture at their work location.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
- Some travel, less than 10% may be required
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.