9 months ago
This position requires a strong knowledge of aircraft airframe and instrument systems. The job includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting, inspection of aircraft or systems and general mechanic application. Supervision of the team and direction of project flow will be a primary function. Overall coordination of work flow for the project will also be a primary function. Work order processing, log book, entries, required FAA forms and pricing to the customers are routine duties. Job duties may vary each day and will encompass projects as designated by the Avionics Repair Manager. Will be required to work independently and lead multiple projects. Will have direct customer contact.
* Perform general avionics support items on aircraft. This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components and repair work.
* Troubleshooting and evaluation of systems on the aircraft when designated.
* Inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components when designated.
* Aircraft movement and performance verification of systems.
* Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling to support operations.
* Work independently on projects and lead multiple projects as assigned. Schedule and work quality are essential in these functions.
* Process work orders for return-to-service and timely billing.
* Supervise team members in daily work and project management for completion of projects.
* Coordinate the interdepartmental schedule and act as production support for manager.
* Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Electrical tech school.
Aircraft specific factory training preferred.
8+ years prior experience on aircraft maintenance.
Citation Specific Experience
Experience in supervision of several team members.
FAA paperwork, work order and billing process experience.
Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
Able to process work with minimum supervision.
Ability to lead and provide incentive to team members.
Able to deal directly with customers, including with areas of conflict.
Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented work habits.
Direct the work and flow of multiple projects.
Supervision of team members in daily operations and duties.
Completion of work orders, FAA paperwork, logbook entries and billing items.
Must follow verbal and written instructions from Avionics Repair Manager.
Development, supervision and growth of maintenance program on particular models.
Consistently uphold quality standards and adhere to avionics repair procedures and policies.
Technicians in Avionics Repair department or other departments.
Team Leader of other teams assigned to project and Avionics Repair Manager.
Company sales representatives.
Customers and outside vendors.
Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
Basic personal computer skills.
Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
Ability to troubleshoot or evaluate system operation.
Ability to work with others in a professional manner.
Ability to coordinate projects.
Team management skills.
Well-developed problem solving skills.
Will work with minimal supervision from the Avionics Repair Manager.
Will directly supervise multiple technicians.
Work with other Team Leaders on multiple projects in a cooperative manager.
The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar if available.
Work outside during aircraft runs will occur.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft or shop area.
Personal hand tools supplied by the technician.
Various electrical equipment.
Jacks, stands, lifts and other support devices.
Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.
Personal computer and work order prints.