9 days ago
GE looks for innovation everywhere. For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE AMSTC, Aviation, Energy Management, Oil & Gas, Power & Water and Transportation, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Controls Design Engineer is a high-impact, high-autonomy role. You will will design electric machine and power conversion control systems to support aerospace applications. As the EPISCenter Lead Controls Design Engineer, you will operate in a multidisciplinary team environment.
The Lead Controls Design Engineer will lead the design activities from concept to production under minimum supervision, work with other engineers to develop solutions to meet requirements / specifications, and act as a technical lead supporting the Engineering Project Manager.
As the EPISCenter Lead Controls Design Engineer, in particular, you will :
* Define, design, and implement control systems for electric machines (motors and generators) and power conversion systems on different DSP and FPGA platforms
* Define and analyze voltage regulation and current control loops
* Define hardware and software platform requirements for the implementation of control systems
* Define performance metrics and solutions to achieve requirements, including stability, dynamics, harmonics, etc.
* Understand the interaction between electric machines, power converters, and their control loops
* Model and simulate electric machine control systems (Matlab / Simulink, etc.)
* Define control architectures based on reference frame theory and D-Q transformations
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 3 years in Controls Engineering, Power Controls, Power Electronics or related experience
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 5 years in Controls Engineering, Power Controls, Power Electronics or related experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 7 years in Controls Engineering, Power Controls, Power Electronics or related experience
* Experience implementing control algorithms in C language
* Ability to define power generation architectures for 115Vac or 270Vdc systems
* Experience with analog and digital electronics circuits
* Experience with power electronics inverters and dc-dc converters
* Understanding of military and commercial qualification specifications, such specifications including MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, DO-160, and DO-254
* Environmental and performance qualification experience
* Background and understanding aircraft power systems including generation, conversion, distribution, and aircraft loads
* Prior work experience in aerospace power generation / conversion products
* Capability to do hardware-software partitioning and to define software functionality
* Commercial certification experience
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Dayton
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.