5 months ago
Required Lead Engineer/Mechanical Engineer for Aircraft Cabin Interiors in Final Phase Completions
- Lead responsibilities include guiding and directing a team of design engineers.
- These responsibilities include but are not limited to the development of engineering task requirements, schedules and development of engineering packages in support of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings/amenities as part of outfitting custom aircraft.
Examples of experiences should include, but are not limited to:
- Custom Cabinetry (galleys, lavatories, vanities, closets, storage compartments)
- Interior peripheries (cabin liners, window panels, passenger service units (PSUs), dado panels and sideledges)
- Electrical installations & equipment (wire routings, lighting, passenger entertainment equipment, galley service units)
- miscellaneous (water/waste systems, oxygen systems, seating)
The lead mechanical design engineer will coordinate tasks, schedules and design methodologies in order to build models and prints that demonstrate a complete understanding of construction methodologies required for component parts and assemblies to an end item level.
The lead mechanical design engineer will coordinate tasks, schedules, and provided guidance with the design of installations for the aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight and Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5 or AutoCAD interconnected with SmarTeam.
- Lead design engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Lead design engineer assignments will also include oversight of assembly/installation, similarity, mounting and functionality analysis with each configuration the team develops along with any other requirements necessary to product development.
- Lead design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet the manufacturing quality and schedule requirements.
- Lead design engineer will support/develop training plans and continuous improvement initiatives for the team.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
- Other preferred skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 8 years related engineering experience with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job. One year supervisory or broad managerial responsibility.
Executes engineering projects of significant complexity, with predetermined scope by providing direction to a team of engineering employees with diverse skills or multi-disciplines within a single department
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Exercises mature engineering judgment in determining appropriate actions, defining and planning tasks, and developing technical performance requirements 2. Supervises the activities of a team of subordinate employees; contributes to performance reviews, coordinates activities for assigned personnel, establishes and communicates clear performance expectations 3. Optimizes technical product quality within cost and schedule requirements 4. Independently conceives, plans and conducts research into problem areas of considerable complexity 5. Provides technical guidance to ensure quality of product and schedule 6. Trains new engineers in methods and procedures 7. May be called upon to assist in budget preparation and employee evaluations
Additional Functions: 1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments and applications of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. The level of managerial skills and abilities appropriate for this grade may be established by each discipline 2. Assigned to problems of complex scope requiring creativity, foresight, problem solving skills, and analysis of a variety of factors 3. Faulty decisions could cause delays in schedules, and inefficient use of resources 4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills 5. Interacts frequently with subordinates or external/cross-functional contacts on exchange of technical information 6. Supports budget for assigned area 7. Has direct employee supervision responsibilities
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 76502
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time