27 days ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The role of Lead Engineer - Testing includes : Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. Deep technical expertise within a field. Has comprehensive knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology.
In addition as the Lead Engineer - Testing, you will :
* Lead Image Analysis development projects with emphasis on Assisted Defect Recognition
* Responsible for execution of laboratory and field validation testing, inspection and data acquisition for use in the design and validation of products and services
* Applies existing technologies, approaches, methodologies in new combinations to design new products, systems or processes
* Viewed internally and externally as a specialist in the discipline
* Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders (EB and SEB) within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical teams
* Communicates solutions across the own function and with cross-functional partner organizations
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineering, Technical or Manufacturing role
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 3 years of software development experience architecting heterogeneous software solutions
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with C / C++ and OpenCL on business applications
* Demonstrated experience processing multi-dimensional data on GPUs
* Experience working on multi-dimensional imaging in a biomedical or NDE environment
* Experience with Python, TCL, QT or applications that handle large amounts of data
* Prior experience in developing tools for Aerospace industry a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.