2 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The EPISCenter Lead Reliability, Maintainability and Testability (RM&T) Engineer will be responsible for developing RM&T program plans, leading the RM&T program execution, and developing practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. This position will require an in-depth knowledge of RM&T activities, will have responsibility for work that is less defined in scope, and will utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives.
The EPISCenter Lead RM&T Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of leading projects including analyzing requirements, modeling, writing specifications, managing suppliers, leading teams, managing cost and schedule, subsystem validation, verification and demonstration, and providing support for testing. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives, plus have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals.
In addition, you will:
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams
* Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Generate RM&T requirements and allocate to the system, subsystem and unit levels
* Perform RM&T analyses and predictions at the system, subsystem and unit levels
* Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Perform reliability prediction analysis using generally accepted methodologies and failure rate sources such as MIL-HDBK-217, RIAC-HDBK-217Plus or field experience data
* Perform Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis and Testability Analysis to support the design process and to provide input to Safety and Logistics analyses
* Perform maintainability prediction analysis using generally accepted methodologies such as MIL-HDBK-1472
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Reliability, Maintainability, and Testability or related discipline
* Minimum of 2 years of experience working with the development and analysis of electrical power generation and conversion products
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated track record of leading technical teams
* Ability to guide and influence others
* Familiarity with reliability engineering practices and associated industry standards, policies and procedures
* Demonstrated ability to perform RM&T analyses
* Demonstrated ability to develop and allocate RM&T requirements
* Understanding of circuit design and analysis
* Familiarity with software design and verification
* Familiarity with complex logic design and verification
* Familiarity with mechanical air valve and fan design and analysis
* Understanding of the principles of the entire engineering development process, the associated documentation flow and associated tools
* Strong technical aptitude, including engineering tools and systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Understanding and use of Microsoft Office applications
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Dayton
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.