4 months ago
Lead Software Developer
Lead Software Developer – Kanata, Ontario
Honeywell Aerospace is looking for a Lead Software Developer to work in the Aerospace SATCOM Team in Ottawa.
The SATCOM Team specializes in satellite communications and related products and continues to meet significant challenges while pushing the limits of satellite communications. When it comes to connecting mobile users around the globe, EMS Aviation group at Honeywell is the source for world-class, innovative satellite communications solutions.
• Planning and estimating software design work for Satellite Communications Products based on Product Requirements.
• Designing and implementing software for real time aviation communications software primarily for embedded Linux
• Developing product software in an Agile environment, in accordance with DO17B/C
• Designing Implementing software to Product Requirements for SATCOM products
• Designing and implementing software for real time aviation communications software using Object Oriented Design
• Software Functions include Call Control, Data Services and Fault Detection/ Diagnostics, Configuration management.
• Using a development environment which includes tools such as Eclipse , Enterprise architect , DOORs and ClearCase/Clearquest , Atlassian tool chain
• 10 years engineering experience in an avionics or communication software embedded software development.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant 4-year degree with relevant experience.
• Excellent communication skills (written, spoken)
• Experience estimating and planning software development projects from requirements
• Experience with Object Oriented Design
• Experience with Embedded Linux , C, C++
• Experience in Clearcase/Clearquest
• Experience in developing software for Aviation systems
• Experience with DSP software development
• Experience with Agile software processes
• Experience as a SCRUM master in Agile SCRUM development
• Experience with Atlassian Development
• Experience with Software development processes.
• Experience with Honeywell Development Processes.
• DO178B or DO178C experience.
• Experience with security software.
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
Click to learn more about Honeywell Aerospace
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out our One Honeywell Culture video on the Honeywell YouTube Channel
Is this job not an exact match to what you are looking for? Join Honeywell Talent Network to get updates, new opportunities, news and more. For more information visit our Career Site
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
* Job ID: 00358502
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Kanata, ON CAN