5 months ago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol.
Across the country and across the world, the Air Canada family brings people
together. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team
as we continue to demonstrate our highest commitment to customer service at the
leading edge of passenger aviation.
In anticipation of future openings Air Canada is now accepting applications for the below position.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently
looking for Lead Station Attendants to join our ground handling team in Toronto in continuing our goal to develop Toronto Airport into an International
As the Lead Station Attendant you are a working member of the team and
will provide guidance, coaching and assistance to Station Attendants, so that
company standards are met and consistently applied at all times to ensure
safety & optimal customer service, as well as on-time performance.
This is a permanent full-time position with a current starting salary of
$26.87/hr plus shift premiums where applicable, as well as a wide range of
benefits, including medical, travel privileges, and a profit sharing plan.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Lead a
crew of two or more station attendants and provide work direction as
standard operating procedures are followed by all members of the crew.
the safe and efficient handling of aircraft between the time of arrival
and the time that the aircraft is dispatched.
* Drive and
operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment.
aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for
loading and unloading of baggage and cargo.
load/off load cargo and passenger baggage.
* Sign and
file load instruction sheets at the completion of each assigned flight.
* Act as the
coordinator and spokesperson for his / her crew concerning operational
requirements, issues and crew readiness.
crew activities with the Customer Service Manager and/or Deployment as
practical “on the job training” to assist fellow Station Attendants.
when problems arise that require assistance to Customer Service Manager
and / or Station Operations Centre
so that it can be obtained in a timely manner.
final load to Load Agent prior to dispatching the flight.
any late connection baggage information to the Connection Lead for proper
compliance with established corporate uniform and safety equipment
* Lead Station Attendant experience is required.
* Supervisory experience on an airport ramp a definite asset.
* Must have strong leadership qualities & communication skills to delegate & carry out time critical decisions.
* Available for shift work - early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
* Work schedules are subject to change based on operational demands.
* Able to lift heavy objects weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms) and willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
* Ability to work around a busy ramp environment with large mechanized equipment, on multi-million dollar aircraft.
* Self starter,self motivated, able to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring Safety First at all times.
* Holding a current airport Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) and an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP) is an asset
Conditions of Employment
* Eligible to work in Canada.
* Possess a valid provincial driver's license.
* Be available to attend 10 weeks of full time mandatory training.
* Based on
equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity.
We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of
a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Baggage / Station Agent