4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.
Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Lead Supplier Quality Engineer will drive quality for assigned suppliers, manage quality plan implementation, select suppliers through qualification processes, own supplier results, and drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. You will own supplier audits, ensure compliance, and drive improvement plans where needed. This role requires a developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
In addition you will :
* Drive quality for assigned suppliers and improve quality performance via Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
* Drive supplier quality assurance and supplier quality development
* Lead supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
* Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Provide technical / commercial assistance to commodity buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
* Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
* Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier / engineering changes, New Product Introductions (NPI), and transfers
* Interface with suppliers and supply chain to drive quality improvements
* Deliver results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier first time yield, process capability, supplier quality plan engagement / effectiveness, and corrective and preventative action closure
* Understand and drive Six Sigma quality internally and with suppliers
* Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and of special projects
* Advise functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in the field
* Ability to travel approximately 30% of the year
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Quality)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Procurement
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* Travel approximately 30% of the year
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to manage cross-functionally and understands cross-functional tensions
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.