2 months ago
Develops test plans, procedures and test reports in order to insure company products and services comply with customer, regulatory, and company requirements.
* Demonstrates leadership and innovation in developing test debrief material. Participates in evaluation of test performance data. Collects the data and provides recommendation to break/alter configuration. Performs special test procedures as required to support failure investigation. Prepares for next test activities or events based on results. Conducts reallocation, disposition or refurbishment of test assets.
* Demonstrates leadership in developing test procedures, and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan.
* Performs test and collects data, creating as required test procedures. Identifies anomalies and provides solutions. Performs the role of mentor for less experienced members of the team in demonstrating effective and efficient methods of test execution.
* Demonstrates innovation in generating test plans. Interfaces with internal contacts, decomposes information from requirements and Statements of Work to formulate basic test approaches. Reviews standards and regulations to assess the impact on the test plan.
* Demonstrates leadership in gathering information from applicable sources to define test requirements, facilities and test environments for simple tests. Identifies test requirements for complex tests.
* Applies expert judgment in demonstrating the effectiveness of test methods. Evaluates effectiveness of test methods and develops improved methods.
* Reviews test data for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer. Takes appropriate action based upon test data results.
* Prepares test and configuration documentation. Leads the staging of test hardware. Participates in test readiness reviews, safety reviews, test plan reviews and test case reviews. Configures software for data acquisition and analysis. Prepares daily execution plans for effective use of all test resources.
* Leads the preparation of test reports. Provides creativity to lessons learned and performance metrics to improve future testing. Archives data and reports as required.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science in a related field of study and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the company.
* Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
* Initiates assignments and determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior.
* Develops advanced technical ideas and guides their development into final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the organization's technological capability and image.
* Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies.