2 months ago
Lead User Experience Designer
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Honeywell is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of the cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of Things, and industrial design thinking. There is no greater time for the progressive, forward-thinking, technology professional to join our organization. As we evolve our brand and business, you will play an integral role in advancing our product offerings, market presence and culture.
In order to drive new revenue growth, Honeywell Aerospace is launching a new business unit that will focus on developing a significant and sustainable position in the fast growing commercial UAV industry. This new business unit will leverage the broad set of capabilities within Honeywell, as well as develop new capabilities that are required to meet the needs of this adjacent market.
As the Sr. User Experience Designer for our autonomous UAV, you’ll have a chance to showcase your innovative user experience design experience and now-how in a start-up environment. In this role, you will have an opportunity to help build, shape, and provide overall User Experience leadership for the product and engineering development teams. Orchestrating cutting-edge talent, you’ll craft breakthrough products to establish Honeywell’s leadership in this emerging and rapidly growing industry segment. At Honeywell, we are driving our UAV competitiveness into the future as our portfolio transforms to bring new drone-related products and services to market.
Design and Prototying
Research and Evaation
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven user centered design experience and…
* Develop new and differentiated technologies and innovative business models
* Oversee the end-to-end user experience design of new product and service offerings
* Drive user centered market research and competitive benchmarking activities
* Leverage storyboards, concept visualization and low fidelity prototypes to create design vision for innovative offerings
* Conduct usability assessments and customer evaluations on new product offering concepts and prototypes
* Work collaboratively with a team of experts to develop and implement a winning business strategy
* Apply knowledge of current user experience and interaction design trends
You Must Have:
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Min 5 years of demonstrated experience as a user experience designer, design engineer or related occupation.
* Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee) due to US export control laws and regulations.
* Demonstrated experience in user needs and requirements analysis, ethnographic observations/interviews, usability studies, cognitive task analysis, exploring and prototyping visualization concepts, use-case development, information architecture and work-flow design, and authoring detailed design specifications
* Experience working at a user centered design agency/firm.
* Experience designing new consumer centered products and services.
* Experience with software business models and IoT applications
* Understanding of design/experience trends within the UAV and drone industry
* Ability to translate design ideas to working prototypes.
* Knowledge of Human Controlled Interface technologies such as gesture recognition, ubiquitous and location aware computing, mixed media, virtual environments, large/small and thin display
Honeywell User Experience Design Studios
* * * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD20207
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.