4 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Improvement Initiatives
Lean Sigma Specialist
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
The Lean Sigma Specialist is responsible for identifying, developing, documenting, implementing and driving cost saving projects within Labinal Services. This position will work closely with leads and management to effectively communicate and drive initiatives. Some travel may be necessary for training and sharing of best practices information.
This has the following essential duties:
• Facilitates work teams and leads problem solution;
• Provides training to all levels of employees;
• Documents and helps develop business metrics related to 5S and Lean performance;
• Determines opportunities for improvements in processes;
• Coordinates and establishes process improvement plans with minimal direction from others;
• Prepares status reports and documentation for management and coordinates results with affected organizations;
• Audits 5S and Lean policies within the organization;
• Assists in training of other Lean Sigma Specialists and employees;
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
• Regular, predictable attendance is required;
• Other duties as assigned.
Safran Electrical & Power offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Travel to multiple US sites will be required on occasion.
Candidate skills & requirements
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree and 4-6 years related work experience in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Six Sigma, TPS, JIT, or LEAN experience.
• Presentation skills – Advanced
• Strong leadership skills and confidence to promote 5S and resolve barriers that deter progress towards goals – Advanced
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision – Advanced
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
• Green Belt Certification preferred.
North America, United States, Kansas, Wichita
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years