||Leave of Absence Coordinator
Denver-based Frontier Airlines is proud to be one of the nation’s premier low cost airlines and our cost-conscious model focuses on offering our passengers ‘Low Fares Done Right’. At Frontier, we are committed not only to providing an affordable, “unbundled” fare that makes air travel accessible to everyone, but also to ensuring that our passengers reach their destination safely, on time, and receive friendly service along the way. Because of our wildly popular model and strong corporate governance, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and always looking for new people to join our team.
NOTE: THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION
The LOA (Leave of Absence) Specialist assists in the administration of various leave of absence programs (e.g. Military, FMLA, Medical, OJI, etc.) -- as well as benefits billing for employees on Leave of Absence, and ensures compliance with applicable regulations. Partners with Employee Relations Managers to support ADA/Interactive processes. Maintains both manual and automated personnel records, collects and compiles sensitive and confidential statistics and furnishes information to authorized persons and or agencies.
- In partnership with others in the Leave of Absence Department, administers and monitors employee leave of absence programs, ensuring that applicable deadlines are met and compliance with relevant rules and regulations. Communicates effectively (both verbally and in writing) with employees, leaders, and others as needed to effectively process leave requests and paperwork (e.g. status updates, return to work information, etc. (65%)
- Assists in the processing and monitoring of initial On-the-Job Injury claims. (10%)
- Administers the Modified Duty program. Ensures that employees in this program are provided with assignments and oversight, monitors timekeeping and follows up as necessary, tracks appointments and travel time, etc. (10%)
- Tracks and answers inquiries for benefit billing process and assists in the administration of the LOA Benefit Billing process as needed. (10%)
- Supports Employee Relations functions by serving as an advisor in the processing of EEOC (and similar claims) and other internal investigations. Attends and participates actively in ADA/Interactive processes. (5%)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree in Human Resources required, or equivalent combination of business experience and college-level education
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible roles in a corporate setting preferred
- Professional in Human Resources certification a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of HIPPA, USERRA, and FMLA guidelines
- Detail oriented, organized and able to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Possesses sufficient ability to focus and adaptability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate PC skills to meet word processing, spreadsheet, database management and presentation development requirements. Includes beginner-intermediate experience with: computers, MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and the ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Familiarity with the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Human Resources functions
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources and exercises effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) required.
- Willingness and flexibility to work an irregular schedule (i.e. early morning, evening, night or weekend hours) if needed
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.