3 months ago
Legacy Military Business Manager - PWES Military Programs
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58628BR Date posted 01/03/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position will lead the Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and Reporting and the Integrated Master Scheduling (IMS) government compliance reporting requirements on critical programs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all EVMS (Earned Value Management Systems) and Integrated Master Scheduling (IMS) for military programs, the outsourcing strategy for the PP&C function, and training and tool development. This role provides the overall strategy and policy for EVMS and IMS and oversees, with EVMS Supervisor(s) and IMS Lead(s), execution of this strategy to meet customer and program needs. This role works very closely with program office as well as project and functional engineering leadership to optimize EVMS balance for customer-funded programs to enable ECS to meet its EV and IMS reporting requirements.
Primary responsibilities will include at a minimum the following activities:
* Lead legacy military PP&C team in reporting and provide status on program financial and schedule statuses
* Coordination of the interdivisional teams, ensuring all program milestones and deliverables are met on time
* Identify risks and obstacles, quantify impacts, and ensure mitigation plans are executed
* Lead formal customer program interaction via weekly and monthly reviews, senior management briefings, etc.
* Ensure UTAS Engineering Changes are properly managed through the UTAS and Pratt & Whitney Engineering Change (EC) processes
* Monitor, control and report on program progress
* Escalate risk and issues for resolution as appropriate
* Communicate effectively (verbally and written) to program team, UTAS management and the customer
* Ultimately responsible for all aspects of the program for which you are assigned
* Work with UTAS functional managers to ensure proper resource plans are in place
* Supervises group of 3-4 EVMS/IMS Analysts
* 10-15 years relevant work in business office, PP&C group or finance
* Experience working in SAP
* Job requires excellent communication and project management skills
* Understands the benefits and challenges of leading cross-functional teams
* Supervisory experience preferred
* This position requires working with the PP&C IMS Lead to ensure compliance adherence to the ANSI 748 and 32 EVMS guidelines, as well as continuous process improvement through employing UTC ACE tools and culture.
* 10 % travel
Education: B.S degree required. Finance or related field preferred.
M.S. degree preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.