6 months ago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
In anticipation of future openings Air Canada is now accepting applications for the below position.
Scope/ Purpose of the Position:
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a vacancy as a Licensed Technical Writer to support the ongoing development and adjustments of Air Canada’s Maintenance Program. Job direction for this position will be provided by the System Configuration Manager
Key Functions & Accountabilities (Responsibilities, Activities, Authority levels, etc):
* Be knowledgeable in computer technology, in order to update aircraft maintenance program documentation, manuals, instructions for aircraft and related components operated by the Company and perform associated duties as required.
To be eligible for consideration, a candidate must as a minimum:
* Hold, or possess the qualifications to obtain, a Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineering license with Avionics or Mechanical or Structural qualifications.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to write clear/concise Technical Instructions. Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Good familiarity with PC-based software (Windows, MS-Office products).
* Must be able to demonstrate skill in area of expertise.
* Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet demanding deadlines or support an installation.
* Be able and available to travel where our aircraft work and training is performed.
* Bilingual (English and French).
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
: Aircraft Technicians