Under the general direction of the Director of Maintenance (DOM) and the Sr. Manager, Maintenance Operations, while reporting directly to the Maintenance Base Manager, the Manager, LAX Line Maintenance will provide management oversight and leadership of daily line aircraft maintenance operations, ensuring efficient coordination, communication and oversight. Will provide direction for the aircraft maintenance Supervisors and Mechanics assigned to their station. Will act in conjunction with the Maintenance Base Manager to ensure a high level of safety, production, and quality are maintained.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility completely. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Be a U.S. Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the U.S.
Have a valid high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Hold a valid mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role as a Maintenance Supervisor or higher.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience utilizing A&P license on air transport category aircraft.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with specific attention to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- At least one year of Line Maintenance Supervisory experience
- Experience and/or familiarization with the following: Materials, GSE, and/or QA/QC functions
- EMBRAER 170/175, 190 experiences is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
- Valid passport is highly desirable.
- Basic mathematical competency.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, Science, Math or aviation related discipline
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance, managing a workforce of Mechanics and other Technical Support personnel.
- Experience should consist of:
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
- Payroll and time keeping requirements
- Management of employees
- Manpower and tool purchasing justification
- Monitoring budgetary accounts
- Staffing including interviewing and hiring in conjunction with Recruiting
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills. Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel in nature, with little guidance.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
- Ensure updates are provided to Base Manager and/or Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft assigned to their station.
- Ensure that coordination with Maintenance Control on movement of staffing levels, parts and tools to off-site work locations (i.e. road trips) is being accomplished.
- Ensure a complete turnover of events that occurred during the day is accomplished by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure payroll is submitted correctly and on time.
- Provide adequate scheduling to ensure the current operational demand at their station is met. Justify additional headcount, specialized tools, or ground equipment to meet operational needs.
- Point of contact for issues regarding the repair and servicing of office equipment and ground support equipment at their station.
- Provide direct supervision of line maintenance employees including providing guidance and discipline and discharge when necessary.
- Coordinate contract vendor activity, if required.
- Ensure than an orderly and organized shop area is maintained.
- Ensure that adequate supplies of various aircraft parts and consumables are ordered and maintained.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop your professional skills.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
Travel required, approximately 10%.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.