9 months ago
Line Manager, Procurement & Logistics-TOR03473
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Lead a team of Senior Logistics Agents responsible for planning, purchasing, deployment and reverse logistics of all parts on the Global 5000/6000 & Lear programs.
- Manage and administer the activities of unionized employees in a modern matrix Supply Chain environment for both Planning/Buying activities.
- The Line Manager will be responsible for coordinating the interface/ escalation between Line Logistics and the Toronto Supply Chain Team.
- Monitor activities in compliance to Bombardier Manufacturing Systems Practices.
- Oversee the schedule of material to support Production. As well as areas for cost improvements throughout the supply chain value stream.
- Supervise employees in their execution of responsibilities as defined by Bombardier Manufacturing Systems for Material Planning and Material Handling.
- Utilize Manufacturing excellence and Six Sigma/Blitz tools involving the shop floor and office teams to ensure best practices within their respective area in order to improve key process indicators.
- Accountable for team adherence to processes implemented by the Toronto Supply Chain Team.
- Works independently, seeks guidance and support from Manager as required.
- Works with Management to provide input for performance reviews of team members
As our ideal candidate,
- You will hold a diploma or University degree in business or related field.
- You will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in Planning and Buying.
- You will have knowledge of PMAC or APICS certification.
- You must be able to foster a sense of teamwork and excellence in the workplace.
- You will have the demonstrated leadership skills combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will have good planning of activities and understanding of the customer-supplier relations.
- You must be pro-active, results-oriented and strive for continued improvement
- You will have excellent communication skills
- You will be a strong team player, recognized for leadership and innovation.
- You will have knowledge of SAP and/or other MRP system.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Quality Assurance/Control
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 14.07.2017, 4:04:57 PM