about 1 year ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Supply chain
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
The Logistics Analyst is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the transportation operations within the organization. This includes managing budgets, negotiating freight rates, evaluating carrier performance, resolving transportation issues while maintaining regulatory compliance to ensure customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and maintains metrics, and analyzes data to assess our freight vendor's delivery performance, service failures, transportation costs and quality of service.
• Prepares budgets and forecasts for customer freight proposals and escalations.
• Analyzes all aspects of transportation/logistics to determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of transporting products.
• Responsible for evaluating and negotiating freight rates to ensure that the best cost and service level is achieved.
• Proactively works with management, customers, vendors and customs brokers to resolve any transportation issues.
• Develops implements and maintains policies and procedures for all transportation requirements.
• Reviews the performance of each site's shipping department with emphasis on safety, efficiency, and customer service.
• Compiles monitors and distributes daily customer transportation reports.
• Assists in the identification and implementation of both continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
• Supports all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
• Ensures compliance with US Customs import/export tariff coding and all related documentation
• Prepares and administers applications for export licenses, agreements and amendments required by regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidate skills & requirements
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain management preferred.
• Minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience in transportation/logistics.
• Outstanding analytical and statistical technical skills.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Highly organized and process oriented with an ability to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong attention to detail, and professional demeanor to represent the organization in meetings with customers and vendors.
This position requires travel up to 20% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Use of personal protective equipment required in some areas of facility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities which are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
North America, United States, Florida, Miami
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years