6 months ago
Ensures that all damaged, pilfered, and delayed luggage claims are researched and assisted promptly, efficiently and resolved fairly under the applicable company policies and/or Government regulations. Strives to constantly improve the process and service provided to our customers that have had an item mishandled.
* Prompt & Accurate Luggage Resolution: Oversees all phases of the claims process with direct reports and stations to ensure that all reports/claims are taken and processed within the guidelines of the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Spirit Airlines policies and procedures.
* Regularly audit closed claims for compliance with DOT regulations and Country specific guidelines.
* Coordinate with industry liaisons to track and monitor fraudulent claims.
* Data Analysis: Analyze information concerning daily, weekly, monthly and yearly customer feedback and luggage claims to uncover any trends or issues. Use insights to modify applicable policies and procedures to provide the most excellent service possible.
* Teamwork & Leadership: Maintain positive working relationships with direct reports, vendors and station personnel to best serve both customers and Spirit Airlines. Responsible for development of direct reports through coaching, counseling, and providing growth opportunities. Effectively motivate staff for optimal levels of customer service and productivity with focus on efficiency, quality improvement and error reduction.
* Bachelor degree preferably in Business Administration or Management, or equivalent experience/training
* At least 5 years airline operations experience
* At least 3 years direct supervisory or management experience
* Direct Reports 10-19
* Travel up to 10%
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software
* Ability to appropriately prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Excellent customer service skills
* Proven leadership abilities and strong employee management skills
* Ability to motivate and develop employees, including giving critical feedback, when necessary
* Ability to monitor performance levels (e.g., productivity levels, staffing levels, budget issues) and take appropriate action
* Excellent verbal & written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.