3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Perform complete assembly, disassembly, test set up, adjustment, inspection, of aircraft engines and major components, in accordance with assembly, test or engineering instructions, specifications, drawings. Set up and operate a variety of standard and specialized tools, setup and operate a variety of balance machines to perform all types of balancing operations.
• Perform any or all the operations necessary for the assembly / disassembly of engines, components, and accessories in accordance with technical and /or standard work practices
• Perform comprehensive examinations of hardware for serviceability and airworthiness certification
• Provide, routing, and the movement of assemblies, hardware, tooling, and other material in support of assigned area
• Operate balance equipment and perform functional component and accessory tests as assigned
• Troubleshoot in-process problems, malfunctions, or component failures within the limitations of relevant technical procedures
• Verify work performed is in accordance with technical specifications, manuals or other quality verification criteria
• Use all types of precision measuring instruments and devices, hand and power tools, shop equipment and machinery as assigned
• Maintain records and perform related duties
• Perform complete and complicated operations in the cleaning, processing, repair, rework or modification of engine hardware, tools and fixtures using hand, power tools, shop aids and other standard processes in accordance with prescribed procedures
• Perform functional tests and maintain process controls as assigned
• Perform any or all of the necessary functions required to provide materials, hardware or supplies to a variety of in-shop and external operations
• Be responsible for verifying material to specific process requirements, receiving, storing,
disbursing, moving, packaging, receiving and accumulating
• Report, monitor, and maintain control or status of material as assigned
• Perform other duties as required
• High School Diploma/GED
• FAA Power Plant License OR 2 years minimum experience aircraft power plant maintenance experience with another company OR 2 years minimum experience as aircraft aviation mechanic or equivalent in branch of military
• Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 50 lbs. and frequently lift up to 30 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Requirement
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient in the use of basic hand and power tools
• Experience in the use of precision measuring instruments
• Experience with computers, applications and keyboarding
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.