5 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Product testing
Machine Shop Inspector
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
To apply & verify applicable SLS quality processes & procedures in combination with TC and Customer requirements to ensure timely delivery of Aerospace products to both internal & external customers.
• The ability to inspect materials and products throughout various processes and identify proper fits, alignments and condition of components using various technical data and a wide range of measuring instruments, inspection test equipment and hydraulic rigs & fixtures.
• To test and measure components/assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, to verify specifications.
• To observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure proper assembly or machining of parts and subsequent testing and monitoring activities.
• Identify items for acceptance or rejection and document findings with specifications to ensure conformance to standards.
• Ability to raise and submit NCR including all applicable data when rejection occurs
• Be able to read and interpret a wide range of approved technical data including Model Based Definition, Engineering drawings and applicable manuals
Candidate skills & requirements
• 5 years relevant aerospace experience
• Competent in using a wide range of measuring instruments, and test equipment.
• Ability to read & interpret Model Based Definition, Engineering Drawings & applicable manuals.
• Extensive working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical components.
• Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations an asset
• Previous experience as an Authorized Company Representative/Shop Certification Authority an asset.
• Working application of Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) would be an asset.
• Competent decision making skills are required.
• Basic computer knowledge is required. Ability to use Smart Team is an asset.
• Knowledge of our QIS would be an asset.
• The ability to work shifts when required.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Works well in a team environment.
North America, Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years