4 months ago
Machine Shop Manufacturing Engineer (LSI-NY)
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Machine Shop Manufacturing Engineer (LSI-NY)
Astronics- LSI NY is looking for a Machine Shop Manufacturing Engineer. Will be accepting resumes until February 23rd for desired placement in the first or second quarter of 2018. This position plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in our light industrial plant by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
* Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods for the Machine Shop and CNC Programming.
* Supports all facets of the Machine Shop and QC CMM inspections and investigates issues.
* Performs solid modeling or manufacturing fixtures.
* Creates and maintains manufacturing documentation.
* Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow
* Designs layout of new and existing equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
* Confers with planning, design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and "machinability" of designs.
* Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
* Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
* Works and communicates with other Astronics Luminescent Systems Inc. locations.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.ÃƒÆ'Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required,Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or related field.
* 3 or more years of equivalent experience
* Knowledge of mechanical systems, painting, lasers, machining, electronics, and electromechanical systems
* Experience in Vertical and/or horizontal programming, fixturing, and operating.
* Understanding of GD& T (geometric dimensioning and tolerance)
* Microsoft Office
* Solid Modeling software experience (ProE, Creo, Solidworks preferred)
* CAM- MasterCam experience would be preferred
* CMM Programming, Software, and Operation of CMM Equipment.
* Experience with high speed machining techniques.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Does not have any supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the organization.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.Â
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands *
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and or arms to pull handles and push buttons and reach objects. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
Astronics LSI (NY)
Travel to other LSI locations, including internationally, will be required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.