about 1 year ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Manufacturing Engineering / Assembly / Repair
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
Manufacturing of high quality landing gear components, through various operations on CNC/Conventional machines, while maintaining the highest level of Safety, Efficiency, Cost and Quality
• To produce high precision, Complex Landing Gear components with the highest level of Efficiency, Cost and Quality to meet MPS (Master Production Schedule) demands and maintain on time delivery to all Customers both internal and external
• To accurately set up and run a variety of CNC & Conventional machines (lathes, mills, millturns, etc.), fixtures and tooling according to drawings, production documentation and technical specifications to achieve first time quality
• To proactively monitor & correct process performance using a variety of measuring tools, instruments and software to maintain the highest standard of Quality
• To actively participate & support QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control) by interfacing with Supervision, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality when deviations to standards and non-conformances are detected.
• To accurately complete all appropriate process documentation including product travelers, inspection plans/reports, critical dimension check sheets, etc.
• Actively participate and promote continuous improvement of processes, methods and tooling to maintain/improve competitive position
• Participate and support cross training programs.
• To work safely, adhering to Health and Safety policy as well as maintain a high level of 5S for a clean and safe work environment.
Candidate skills & requirements
• General Machinist certification (Red Seal Preferred) or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years Aerospace experience - preferred
• Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program or a relevant trade school program is required.
• Proven ability to set-up and operate a variety of CNC machines including vertical/horizontal milling machines, flat bed lathes, gap bed lathes, complex multi-axis mill-turn machines
• Good understanding of G-Code programming language and Probing Routines/Macros (Renishaw Probes).
• Experience with Fanuc, Mazatrol, Tosnuc and Siemens 840D controls is considered an asset
• Must be able to read and interpret Engineering & Manufacturing drawings/instructions with a solid knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Ability to multitask & run CNC equipment concurrently, as required (multi-manning).
• Ability to inspect/self-verify own work using inspection tools (micrometers, verniers, plug and thread gauges, Johnson gages, height gages and surface plates, etc.)
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, performance and versatility, to comply with the high standards of the Aerospace industry.
• Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing guidelines, standard work, 5S principles.
• Strong Problem solving and decision making skills required
• Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently; available to work shifts, with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations is considered an asset
• Basic computer knowledge
All applicants must be over the age of 18 and meet all requirements for:
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
North America, Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years