5 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a Machinist responsible for machining parts related to gear and power transmission manufacturing.
Must be able to setup and operate manual engine lathes up to 36”, Small milling machines, need mills, drill press, and small HBM.
Required Skills and Experience:
* A minimum of 5 years of machining experience in a shop environment
* CNC experience preferred
* Familiar with gearing and rotating elements preferred
* Manual machining experience preferred
* Strong knowledge of tooling, inspection, and fixturing of low quantity precision parts
* Extremely capable of establishing machining feeds/speeds/depth of cuts required to maximize production
* Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
* Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
* Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints, 3D models, and knowledgeable in GD&T
* Practice and emphasize values and a culture that place the highest standards on workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of workmanship
* Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
* US citizen or a legally authorized foreign worker to work in ITAR environment
* Read and speak English fluently
* Must have a high school education
*Day shift position open only
**Must have own tools up to 12”
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.