4 months ago
Machinist - H&N Electric
H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, located in Pasco, WA, is seeking an experienced, full-time manual machinist to join the team.
Job Summary: Operate various machine tools to manufacture and repair mechanical assemblies.
* Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizings and illustrations.
* Use measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers with techniques to correctly assure proper sizings.
* Perform machining operations such as turning, drilling, tapping, boring, and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes and horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills.
* Must be capable of holding .0005" machining tolerances.
* Balance mechanical assemblies using dynamic balancing equipment.
* Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
* Understand materials and applications as required.
* Perform various welding and fabrication operations, including setup and use of MIG, TIG, torch, and stick welders.
* Set up and perform tool-post grinding operations (e.g. precision surface facing), broaching procedures, and babbitt bearing work.
* Sleeve end bells, weld and turn sheaths, cut keyways.
* Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including, but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, files, etc.
* Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
* Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye, hand, and ear protection).
* Keep work area neat and clean and perform other housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor.
* Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop management.
* Assist other shop departments and perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop management.
* Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
* Basic mechanical aptitude, minimum 5 years' experience.
* Preferred minimum level of education: high school diploma, plus some trade school, vocational school, military, or on the job training.
* Ability to understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor.
* Ability to work well with others in a team effort as well as a self-motivated individual.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC fosters a drug-free work environment.