15 days ago
*** Weekend Shift Opening ***
* Performs setup, calibration, maintenance, programming and operation on a variety of machining equipment including lathes, grinders, drill presses, milling machines, computer numerically controlled and hydraulic presses to assemble and/or fabricate parts and complex assemblies.
* Reads and interprets specification manuals, blueprints, templates and layouts to determine machining operation to be performed.
* Computes dimensions and tolerances and measures and lays out work pieces.
* Verifies dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and micrometers. Troubleshoots, debugs and modifies to achieve expected performance.
* Adjusts and sets up machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, tool design, fabrication methods and processes, metallurgy and heat treating.
* Working knowledge of welding, hydraulics, electricity and pneumatics.
* Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Strong mathematical aptitude.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, rework process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals, and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
* Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
* Attainment of trade certification.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.