12 days ago
Middle River Aircraft Systems is a subsidiary of GE. Middle River Aircraft Systems has been designing, building and servicing the world's best aircraft for seventy years.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the
language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To set up and operate various numeral control machines and perform any machining operation on all types of material to produce parts characterized by many interrelated dimensions, compound angles, irregular surfaces, coordinated and exacting tolerances.
In addition you will :
* Works from manufacturing process plans, manuscripts, programmed tapes, tool orders, drawings, sketches, holding fixture location diagrams and similar information, and parts to be machined
* Studies information to insure that latest revisions have been incorporated; determines type of operations required; operational sequence, and most feasible method of setting up machine; makes layout of job when necessary
* Receives or obtains necessary cutting tools and tool holders
* Sets up machine, selects and presets cutting tools, sets speeds and feeds as required
* Loads programs to be performed into machine control unit and makes trial run to prove programming and set up
* Checks initial work piece for conformance to dimensions and specifications
* Makes subsequent runs to complete the job, periodically checking parts for conformance to dimensions and specifications
* Inserts programs into machine control unit
* Activates machine and monitors operation to detect any problems
* Periodically checks parts for conformity and makes manual adjustments as required
* Upon completion of machining cycle checks parts for conformity to dimensions and specifications
* Sets up and operates machining equipment using numerical control tooling provided or improvises as necessary to perform a series of machining operations on all types of material such as:
* and spot facing
* Obtains cutting tools, sets stops, regulates feeds and speeds in accordance with operations to be performed
* Periodically checks and makes adjustments to insure conformity to dimensions and specifications
* Examples of equipment normally set up and operated include DMS Machining Center and Creno Drill, flow drill, Flow Machining Centers, etc…
* Uses a variety of precision instruments to measure parts
* Maintains assigned work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* HS diploma / GED equivalent
* Minimum of 2 years of experience
* Full understanding and use of all of the elements of advanced shop math, complicated drawings and specifications, and precision measuring instruments such as vernier height gauge; vernier calipers; inside, outside and depth micrometers; dial indicator, etc.
* Comprehensive knowledge of methods and techniques used in machine operations and in setting up and operating numeral controls machines
* Requires exercising care to prevent very considerable damage to material or product due to faulty layout, incorrect set up, or careless machining
* May require instructing and directing fellow workers
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Shifts: Ability to work the off shifts (Second shift 2pm-10pm and / or Third shift: 10pm -6am)
* Flexible for various shift assignments and overtime
* Ability and willingness to work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust or fumes (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels-PEL)
* Must be capable of passing a drug screen and background check
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. Must be able to produce documents showing you are authorized to work in the United States
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Requires moderate physical effort for sustained periods of time in the manual handling of tools, equipment, materials and parts. Handling time is usually equivalent to machine time
* Requires concentrated mental and visual attention for extended periods to plan, layout, and set up complex work, and observe machine operation to specified operations
* Preferred experience is equivalent of (4) years high school plus (4) years trades training.
* Energetic and positive attitude to excel in skills and knowledge
* Excellent attendance and punctuality history
* Makes decisions based on experience and available data
* History of meeting or exceeding job requirements
* History of accepting or giving constructive criticism
* Communicates clearly and effectively
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Maryland; Baltimore, Middle River
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.