3 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
This position is responsible for the mechanical upkeep and care of the equipment in the facility. This can range from machine extensive machine disassembly, and repair to minor maintenance PM’s. This position also involves some minor fabrication depending on the particular job.
1. Perform a wide variety of the less complex maintenance duties including installing, troubleshooting and repairing activities requiring a normal range of machining and repairing on a variety of plant equipment, within the limits of accepted practice.
2. Work from instructions, simple prints and diagrams to tear down or reassemble a variety of parts using a normal range of tools and bench equipment. May be required to perform some gas and electric welding. Handle major plumbing repairs as required.
3. Must have a general knowledge of hydraulics. Must be able to operate equipment such as lathes, drill presses, grinders, milling equipment, etc.
4. Must have a broad working knowledge of all plant equipment including setup procedures on production equipment.
5. Required to perform specified preventative maintenance duties. Use lifts or ladders in the performance of duties. Operate fork truck to move equipment/parts and materials as required.
6. Periodically, or as required, check oil levels in various production machines, add oil to bring to desired levels; lubricate machinery as required. Routinely change filters, check coolants and make acidity checks and test where required. Check for leaks or oils spots around machinery, repair and replace minor parts. Work with higher classified machinists to assist in making major repairs; perform required record-keeping. Work load permitting, may be assigned to do general cleaning around buildings. Must have appropriate electrical knowledge to identify machine cycles.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 2 years or more experience in the field
* Strong knowledge and use of hand tools.
Specific Physical Requirements:
* Activities include frequent walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling.
* Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
* Repetitive movement is required, such as twisting, bending, gripping, operation of hand tools.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
* Will be exposed to wide range of temperatures, high voltage, loud noises, fumes, dust, and oil.
* The heat treat area has an average environmental temperature of 70-95 degrees F, during summer months; the environment can reach temperatures of 100 degrees F. Humidity is typically similar to the outside environment.
* There are open flames, quench oil exhaust fumes, “red hot” parts, baskets, carts & tools throughout the heat treat area posing a higher risk to contact burns/abrasions.
* Will come in contact with equipment that is covered in oil or coolant.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Standard factory equipment is required for this position, such as hearing protection in required areas of the facility, eye protection and EH rated steel toed shoes, and hand protection (gloves) may be required.
* Arc Flash protective equipment is required by the levels determined by Arc Flash analysis and EH&S.
* Lock out/Tagout compliance.
* Requirements for job tasks not yet identified may have additional PPE requirements as prescribed by EHS.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.