Requisition #: 264653
Delta Air Lines is transforming the way they look at their IT, and with that we require Mainframe Manager, who will be responsible for the strategic leadership and management in the development, installation, maintenance, support, and enhancement of the mainframe platform and its applications. You will be responsible for leading a team to ensure the stability and performance of the assigned platform and develop sound business relationships with corresponding application and architecture teams and other infrastructure teams in order to achieve the business goals set.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Manage processes, principles and practices to ensure stability and performance of assigned Mainframe infrastructure (memory, storage space, patching and upgrading systems platforms
- Provide technical direction and guidance for Mainframe infrastructure competencies
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners, vendors, team members, and peers to understand, build and maintain systems that provide outstanding business value.
- Working closely with business partners to identify needs, define and prioritize system enhancements, and allocate resources to support a complex set of interdependent projects.
- Ensure reliability of deployed solutions by designing reliable solutions and troubleshooting problems if they occur by getting the right people involved and engaged to resolve the problem.
- Driving for results by employing a successful management philosophy and style, ensuring effective execution against plans, goals and objectives and communicates effectively any changes to those plans.
- Working closely with other Development Managers and internal groups to coordinate other resource needs, dependencies, and impacts.
- Developing and managing an annual budget that includes software purchases, maintenance costs, and payroll.
- Remain current on new and emerging technologies and seek cost-effective ways of integration.
- Provide innovation and process improvement expertise regarding the supported environment and/or system software
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Knowledge of mainframe operating systems (MVS, VM, TPF)
- Possess extensive knowledge of information technology as it relates to managing development principles and practices.
- Working knowledge at least one SDLC and familiarity with at least one development language/framework.
- Possess experience and effectiveness in direct management of a staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating and making decisions.
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Ability to analyze information related to technology architecture to assist in directing company management in the selection of software and hardware to meet the needs of the organization
- Ability to manage and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously to drive solutions that meet or surpass business expectations and deliver project milestones on-time and within budget.
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.