5 months ago
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
- Provide safety and compliance while ensuring the airworthiness of Virgin Americas fleet.
- Virgin Americas Maintenance Controller team maintains 24/7 technical oversight of our A320 family fleet of aircraft working remotely from Operations Control at Headquarters.
- Ensure all maintenance performed is in accordance with FAA and company manual requirements.
- Maintenance Controllers are the central communication point on the technical status for the day to day operation and out of service aircraft.
- Work closely in the Operations Control Center with the Operations Manager, Maintenance Planning, Material Provider, Dispatchers, Guest Services and Crew Scheduling ensuring all team members are constantly updated with aircraft status.
- Advise on and approve the application of Minimum Equipment List (MEL) and Configuration Deviation List (CDL) items to Technicians and Pilots.
- Hold mechanic certificate with A&P ratings for at least three years
- Have at least 3 years maintenance experience on A320 aircraft preferred and/or 3 years experience on different types of large aircraft with 10 or more passenger seats with an air carrier repair station, two years of which must have been as a maintenance supervisor or a lead technician.
- Must be able to read and write in English and have a strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to train others.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC applications (Word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint)
- Must be willing to work irregular schedules and travel from time to time domestically and international if needed and for training purposes.
- B.S./ B.A in business and/or technical field preferred
- Possess the entrepreneurial spirit of Virgin America
- Ability to work with minimum supervision required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The location for this position is in San Francisco, CA for approximately the next 6-8 months and will then integrate with the Maintenance Control Team in Seattle, WA.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: October 1, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.