6 months ago
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Basic Function: Responsible for management and leadership of the ANC aircraft maintenance department. Successfully integrate and maximize available resources within the internal and external environment for the attainment of organizational goals. Motivate the maintenance team to be effective and efficient. Train, mentor and support maintenance staff. Ensure compliance to company policies. Develop and/or maintain a cohesive working relationship with other departments.
1. Meets the requirements of 14 CFR Part 119.67(c)
2. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
3. Aviation related A.S. degree or four years management experience.
1. Authority to assign Production Supervisors and Lead mechanics.
2. Authority to direct maintenance activities of all subordinate personnel.
3. Authority to hire, discipline & terminate maintenance personnel in accordance with Company procedures.
C. Responsibilities: (also ref GMM 1.4.2)
1. Coordinate maintenance and utilization with Aircraft Scheduling department.
2. Review scheduled work packages for completeness
3. Review Deferred Discrepancy Log daily
4. Coordinate outsource maintenance vendor requirements
5. Conduct weekly planning meeting.
6. Coordinate with Maintenance Planner on all parts issues
7. Inform Inspection Department of requirement for malfunction reporting.
8. Monitor progress of aircraft inspections.
9. Coordinates major repairs or modification with the Chief Inspector.
10. Maintain a qualified staff.
11. Establish work schedules to meet maintenance scheduling requirements.
12. Evaluate maintenance performance against established standards.
13. Recommend projects that improve performance.
14. Determine maintenance training requirements and submit requests.
15. Select maintenance department Production Supervisors and Leads.
16. Supervise and discipline maintenance department personnel.
17. Evaluate staff requirements and recommend manning levels.
18. Ensure compliance of and review personnel annual evaluations.
19. Conduct monthly department safety meetings.