6 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Executive Aircraft Seating business manufactures interior products for business jets. Realize your full potential, in our dynamic and fast-paced environment where ideas, talents and experiences are valued. It is conveniently located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Maintenance Mechanic in our Executive Aircraft Seating business located in Medley, FL.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible to perform a wide variety of skilled mechanic duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and modify mechanical equipment and facilities performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Follows blueprints, drawings and general instructions to plan and layout assignments.
* Assembles, installs and repairs mechanical and electromechanical equipment and systems such as production machinery/tools, conveyer systems, storage racks and tanks, facility equipment and the like.
* Uses a wide variety of hand, power and machine tools to perform assignments.
* Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment and systems requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of equipment and repair/replacement of bearings, gears, structural components and the like.
* Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and mechanical systems. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience in electromechanical maintenance
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The position works on the second shift as follows: Monday, Thursday & Friday from 03:00 pm to 11:30 pm, Saturday from 10:00 am to 06:30 pm and Sunday to 07:00 am to 03:30 pm
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.