6 months ago
Maintenance Mechanic II - 2nd shift
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 46760BR Date posted 05/05/City Wilson
State North Carolina
Country United States
Kidde FPS is a global organization of close to 900 employees with offices in the UK, Australia, France and Germany and headquartered in Wilson, North Carolina, USA. Kidde FPS is part of UTC Aerospace Systems, a global organization of over 42,000 employees worldwide. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems is a division of United Technologies Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
This position is for second shift. The Maintenance group installs, repairs, and maintains production machines and equipment. They support general facilities maintenance activities as assigned and ensure work is accomplished with high quality, in a timely fashion and is compliant with all company, city, state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform preventative maintenance on equipment in facility as prescribed in the machine manuals or agreed plans with supervisors.
* As requested or required, move and install machinery and equipment.
* Basic troubleshooting of machinery and equipment to determine causes of malfunctions using equipment manuals.
* Dismantle, clean, repair, and reassemble machinery and equipment.
* Run reassembled machinery and equipment to test operation.
* Set up and operate metal working machines to manufacture or repair parts.
* Set up new equipment.
* May be directed or requested to design simple fixtures or various items per work order requests.
* May perform electrical checks using test instruments to determine status of equipment.
* May be required to assist wiring equipment during layouts or moves per direction of electrician using code and safety procedures.
* Perform daily inspections per inspection sheet per rotation schedule.
* Maintain materials, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
* Comply with all rules and regulations of United Technologies, including, but not limited to: Environmental Health and Safety, Ethics, International Trade Compliance and Human Resources.
* Complete assigned tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
* Check work methods and results for conformance to standards and re-instruct as required.
* Report to lead or supervisor on work progress and updates including conditions surrounding failures to meet quality standards.
* Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required
Prefer individual who has completed a minimum of 2 years in specialized trade school
Career Readiness Certificate is Preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.