5 months ago
What does a Maintenance Team Lead do for Allegiant?
The Maintenance Team Lead is an “Aircraft Technician” who leads other Technicians in their day-to-day maintenance duties. This position is expected to perform the duties of a Maintenance Technician. They will also assume the duties of the Line Maintenance Supervisor,
as assigned, when the Supervisor is absent.
What are some of the daily duties of a Maintenance Team Lead?
• Laying out and assuming control of quality and quantity of work assignments
• Review the log book for each RON or idle (3 hours or more) aircraft at the base for open write-ups and currency of the Service Check
• See that work is performed in a safe manner and in accordance with company policy, manufacturers’ manuals and FAA requirements
• Coordinate work and jobs in progress with oncoming mechanics during shift change
• Ensure that paperwork, tags, etc., are properly filled out and signed, including tags for parts removed from aircraft
• Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner
• Give on the job training instructions and information on job procedures, safety, and good work practices
• Keep the Maintenance Supervisor advised of problems that could result in work delays
• Take necessary action to ensure that maintenance personnel in his or her group are qualified to accomplish the duties assigned to them
• Efficiently utilize manpower, making possible adjustments in methods and perfection of procedures to provide continuous improvement in efficiency and increase of production
• Endeavor to increase his or her own knowledge by studying of technical material and study guides provided for that purpose
• Perform other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a Maintenance Team Lead?
• Must have A&P License and HS Diploma or Equivalent; College preferred
• Must have two years aircraft maintenance experience in a Part 121, 135, or 145 environment; MD-80/B-757/A319/A320 experience preferred
• Must have troubleshooting skills; avionics and sheet metal experience preferred
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
• Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
What are the physical requirements of a Maintenance Team Lead?
• The work environment is primarily outdoors.
• Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs; Fit in tight places; Able to bend and lift objects above their head.
• Must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time.
• Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
Allegiant Travel Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical
disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Allegiant supports a healthy, non-smoking work environment.