5 months ago
What does a Maintenance Training Course Developer / Instructor
do for Allegiant?
The Maintenance Training Course Developer/Instructor is qualified through training and experience on the equipment, systems, policies and procedures taught. They are responsible to the Manager of Maintenance Training for instructing Maintenance Department
personnel in maintenance policies and procedures to properly maintain Allegiant Air’s aircraft.
What are some of the daily duties of a Maintenance Training Course Developer / Instructor?
* Develop and provide classes of instruction on aircraft systems
* Develop syllabi and provide instruction on Allegiant Air’s maintenance policies and procedures to company and contract maintenance personnel
* Help maintain training records for company maintenance and contract maintenance personnel
* Develop classes on trouble shooting systems identified by CASP as needing better trouble shooting techniques
* Develop and provide recurrent training classes for Maintenance and Quality personnel
* Develop and provide structured OJT programs for Maintenance and Quality
* Provide technical assistance to other departments as directed by the Manager of Maintenance Training
* In his absence, the Maintenance Training Course Developer/Instructor’s duties will be assumed by the Manager of Maintenance Training or his Designee
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Maintenance Training
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
* Other duties as assigned
What are the minimum requirements to be a Maintenance Training Course Developer / Instructor?
* Must pass a five (5) year background check and pre-employment drug screen
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
* Two (2) year Associate’s Degree preferred
* FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate (A&P) required
* Ten (10) Years Airline, Aircraft Maintenance Technician and five (5) years Aircraft Maintenance Technical Training Instructor and 5 years Aircraft Maintenance Technical Training Material Developer
* A319 / A320 General Familiarization Course preferred
* Working knowledge of A319/A320
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Maintenance Training Course Developer / Instructor?
* ISD (Instructional Systems Design). ATA 104, Training Material Formatting, Training Material Development Software, i.e., Microsoft Suite – PowerPoint/Word/Excel/Access/Visio/Project/Adobe eLearning Suite – Articulate / Acrobat Pro/Photoshop/Captivate/Soundbooth/Flash/Dreamweaver
Work Environment for a Maintenance Training Instructor
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
* Office Environment with up to 50% travel
* Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
* Ability to work 12 hour shifts with rotating regular days off and with the understanding that shift work can be changed from days to nights and vice versa with reasonable advance notice