10 days ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
The Manager-Accounting/Tax will be responsible for ensuring our Corporate Accounting processes are supported, executed and continuously improving. This role will work on a team as well as work with other departments to develop solutions that meet the needs of our ever-evolving business.
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
* Assist the Corporate Accounting and Tax teams with financial statement and tax compliance activities.
* Assist in the development of Corporate Accounting policies and internal controls.
* Assistance with audits of financial statements and various tax filings.
* Perform technical research to support company positions for internal and external auditor purposes.
* Assist with subsidiary operational accounting and compliance issues.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting or equivalent skill
* Active CPA license required
* Seven years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm, with experience in both accounting and tax.
* Ability to research, analyze and document technical positions.
* Strong analytical, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including high degree of Excel proficiency.
* Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Does not have any supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions within the organization.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to think of out of the box.- visionary
* Ability to effectively communicate to users and team members on technical and non-technical subjects.
* Minimal travel to vendors and Company locations may be required.
* On-call responsibilities required.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the company.
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands *
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and or arms to pull handles and push buttons and reach objects. Requirements may also include climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching or crawling. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to travel to domestic and international subsidiaries.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.