9 months ago
Title: Manager, Business Development and Strategic Planning
Request Number: STR
Number of positions to fill: 2
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 8110-Business Development
Division: Strategic Planning & Marketing
Sector: Strategic Planning & Marketing
Posting Start Date: 2017-07-14
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: The Military Business Development Manager is responsible for exploring and converting new opportunities in military segment to expand applications of P&WC products and services and generate new, incremental revenues within a short, medium and long term horizon. The candidate is informed about our industry, how our military and para-military customers operate and the opportunities that are currently untapped; understands trends and directs the company into areas that have not yet been contemplated (whitespaces). The candidate must be relentless in identifying new businesses and trends with upside potential, seizing opportunities, developing solid business plans and strategies, challenging the status quo and taking calculated risk. Provides cross-functional guidance and expertise to other departments to ensure customer commitments are respected.
Specific responsibilities of position: • Two positions are required to support the Business Development Team.
• The candidates will join a team of highly professionals responsible to deliver top-line-growth results.
• The candidates will be dedicated to quickly assessing feasibility of current P&WC engines on potential OEM applications and conversions.
• The candidates will be required to provide quick turnaround time to filter real opportunities
We are looking at two different sets of skills and expertise:
1) Aircraft/Engine Integrator:
• Provide an engineering assessment regarding feasibility of adapting existing P&WC products into new aircraft/helicopter application.
• Ability to assess if the aircraft/helicopter make sense.
• Ability to guide OEM in the STC world.
• Provide performance assessments at engine and aircraft level such as piano analysis, etc.
• Understand and develop customer requirements and assess ROM technical compliance.
2) Power Plant Integration Project Engineering:
• Work with Advance Engineering and Installation design to perform sensitivity studies to understand feasibility of meeting new installation requirements (installation envelope, LRU access, performance requirements, mission lives, etc.).
• Liaise with Engineering to get appropriate specialist support when required.
• Raise and lead required ECE Understand and develop customer requirements and
Applicable to both positions:
• Identify new business opportunities and develop business plans to convert these opportunities into incremental sales.
• Develop a good understanding and knowledge of government regulations, ITC requirements and UTC Code of Ethics.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships and develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers.
Qualifications required: • Bachelor degree with over 10 years' experience.
• Master degree with over 7 years' experience.
• Project engineering experience.
• OEM Installation and liaison knowledge.
• Experience with aircraft re-engining and familiarity with the STC process.
• Autonomy and great communication skills.
• Possesses a wide network of customers and influencers.
• Is strong in building and maintaining relationship with key stakeholders.
• Adapts well to local culture and diversity of thoughts.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of management including executives and able to present complex information to various audience.
• Has developed a deep knowledge of the aviation industry through diverse job expériences.
• Has a strategic mindset with strong influential leadership.
• Strong analytical capabilities and business acumen with the ability to look at data differently and in expanded ways to drive new thinking.
• Sufficient general knowledge of aviation products and technologies to be effective in program level discussions.
• Flexible, resilient and resourceful to adapt to a constantly changing and high pressure environment.
• Result-driven, demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage resources to meet objectives within defined time frames.
• Demonstrated ability to think independently and proactively implement effective and innovative solutions to promote thought-provoking ideas and foster creative thinking.
Field of studies: Administration/Commerce, Aeronautics, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Marketing, Marketing Sales
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.