11 days ago
Manager Lounge Operations
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Manager Clubroom Operations oversees the daily operation of Alaska Airline's airport Lounge. This role ensures company and department performance standards are met, ensures employees are current with required training, and conducts audits of all training records to ensure compliance with all FAA/TSA policies and rules.
Scope & Complexity
- This position manages a team of concierges and airport lounge specialists. The role is accountable for the daily operation of the lounge ensuring process run smoothly and efficiently providing guests with a superior experience.
- Oversees the daily operation of the Lounge.
- Serves as the Lounge staff ombudsman and trouble-shoots daily operational issues before escalating further.
- Develops and manages the daily staffing schedule for all operational positions, coordinates coverage for sick calls and initiates leaves of absence (LOA) when appropriate to ensure the operation runs efficiently.
- Monitors and resolves outstanding operational or facilities issues, including equipment repair and/or trouble calls.
- Monitors compliance of daily inventory control procedures, purchasing and receiving practices, daily sales reports, and nightly deposits to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures company and department performance standards are met, ensures employees are current with required training, and conducts audits of all training records to ensure compliance with all FAA/TSA policies and rules.
- Resolves customer complaints and provides appropriate feedback for ground operations issues.
- Interviews and selects Concierge candidates and oversees new-hire paperwork, badging, initial and recurrent training.
- Participates in department budgeting process and ensure Lounge expenses are within budget.
- Reviews monthly cost center reports, investigates variances, and identifies misclassifications.
- Ensures all vendor invoices are processed and paid on time.
- Develops and maintains a dashboard to track revenue by channel and costs by vendor.
- Assists in forecasting unbudgeted expenditures and explain variances.
- Maintains documentation for licenses, liquor, and food safety certificates and ensures access control procedures consistently and appropriately are followed.
- Organizes and participates in quarterly meetings with all Concierge staff and attends Lounge leadership team meetings.
- Represents Lounge externally by volunteering at special events (e.g., room wine tastings and food shows).
- Carryout key marketing initiatives in locally to strengthen lounge loyalty and grow memberships.
- Plans special Lounge events customers (e.g., coffee cuppings, beer and wine tastings, etc.).
- Reports operational status and compliance issues, and makes recommendations for improved services.
- Conducts performance partnership reviews annually for all regular employees and informal performance reviews for on-call employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership position with direct reports.
- Experience scheduling shift work.
- Experience managing budget controls.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and familiarity with Alaska Airlines culture, policies, and practices.
- Effective communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, and listening).
- Ability to effectively deal with people, motivate others, and constructively resolve personnel issues.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized, with ability to multi-task and work independently with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, and various shifts, as well as be accessible 24/7 for after hour issues and emergencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Lounge policies and procedures.
- Experience with IMAGE/SOLAR/PeopleSoft/OASYS and My Account.
- Previous airline experience.
- An Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree, with a focus in business administration or a related discipline.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is at JFK in New York, NY.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: Saturday, January 20th
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.