Manager Continuous Improvement
The Manager Continuous Improvement is responsible for day to day managing of large scale cross functional programs that create efficiencies and process improvements aimed towards solving key structural and cost challenges, utilizing methodologies of Six Sigma and Project Management Professional tools and techniques. The Manager must be effective in managing the larger team and responsibilities of all Crewmembers on it. The Manager is an influential leader who is comfortable with maintaining a public profile and is skilled at building and maintaining relationships throughout the company at all levels, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun.
- Execute project improvement initiatives resulting in high quality deliverables completed consistently on schedule, resulting in quantifiable results/savings.
- Work with other members of the team to distribute workload and define project expectations
- Manage project improvement initiatives with the larger team on a day to day basis, within deadlines set during scoping.
- Continually and proactively communicate updates on project statuses and issues to CI Director, via regular communications and status reports
- Ability to further other Crewmember’s growth within their role and within the Company
- Manage the implementation of post mortem program monitoring and track key metrics to measure success and foster continuous improvement
- Assist with the identification and prioritization of opportunities where process redesign/improvement can significantly impact efficiency, compliance, quality, profitability, competitive position and customer satisfaction.
- Observing real-time processes and conducting time studies in the field at BlueCities or Other Airlines (OALs)
- Need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice based on operational and/or project needs
- Recommend alternative solutions and translate complex concepts into simplified and understandable examples
- Show a passion to get the job done
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years of professional experience with respect to continuous improvement
- Three (3) years of leadership experience managing a large team with direct reports
- Experience implementing large scale projects and tracking results
- Ability to work across all levels and influence with impact
- Ability to supervise other Crewmembers and work collectively as a team
- Strong presentation skills and experience working with and presenting to senior executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available for overnight travel (30%)
- Currently in possession of a valid passport or equivalent travel in and out of the United States
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite especially strong in Microsoft Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Must be a team player and work effectively cross-departmentally
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task, manage multiple projects, prioritize deadlines, and complete assignments accurately and timely.
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Airline or related industry experience
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours, inclusive of weekends and irregular shifts and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Computer/Electronic Tablet and other office equipment
- Office and Airport environment
- Subject to weather and elevated noise levels within airport
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently. (Light)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.