3 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Senior Media Relations Manager, the Manager, Corporate Communications, based in Toronto, will be responsible for supporting Air Canada’s Commercial Branch through the development and implementation of media relations plans and activities that generate earned media coverage in both traditional and social media.
* Develop and implement earned media plans that support Air Canada’s Commercial branch objectives (Network, Product Design, Marketing, Loyalty, Sales).
* Provide strategic media relations advice to the Commercial Branch and participate in integrated communications planning.
* Write engaging press releases and related collateral for earned media relations activities in support of the Commercial Branch.
* Develop and implement proactive media outreach activities to develop strategic media relationships that generate positive earned media coverage.
* Support Global Sales through earned media relations with travel trade and other specialized media (Canada, US and international).
* Liaise with external partners such as Canadian and U.S. airports and tourism bureau communicators to publicize commercial initiatives through earned media.
* Further develop the Media Relations team’s US media activities to support the airline’s commercial objectives.
* Attend marketing and sales events to manage media attendance and relations on site.
* Act as commercial product spokesperson.
* Manage day-to-day relationships with US and international PR agencies.
* Assist the Senior Media Relations Manager in supporting Air Canada’s Airport operations and customer service teams in Toronto, the airline’s global hub.
* Play an integral role the Corporate Communications crisis communications and issues management team.
* University degree in Business, Marketing with experience in journalism, public relations or a related field in business communications. MBA is an asset.
* At least 3 years of experience in commercial communications and/or public relations management.
* Exceptional and proven written and oral communication skills with a natural instinct for ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
* Experience developing social media programmes; with a keen understanding in new media trends.
* Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
* Strong organizational skills with an aptitude to manage and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities under strict deadlines.
* Sense of initiative, self-discipline and proactive thinking to problem solve.
* A high degree of diplomacy, discretion, maturity and judgement when interacting with media online or at events.
* Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player.
* Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, including week-ends on occasion, without prior warning.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have experience using social media monitoring and/or engagement tools.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Corporate & Commercial