6 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: The Manager, Corporate and Groups Sales leads a group sales team responsible for strategizing, planning and implementing sales activities for all Groups, Conference and Charter inquiries, to meet company targets for revenue growth and profitability. The role is responsible for all corporate sales and business development activities for key corporate accounts based in Toronto, Chicago, Boston and Northern Ontario, to meet company targets for growth and profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan, develop and implement Group, Conference, and Charter sales customer retention, incentive and growth strategies for network-wide markets in order to grow and maximize Porter Airlines load factors, revenue and profit
* Sell, grow, maintain and adjust sales strategies by corporate account base in order to grow and maximize Porter Airlines load factors and profit
* Lead, motivate, mentor and challenge direct reports to revenue growth initiatives by overseeing workflow, engaging them in best practice tools and methods, and maintaining constant communication
* Ensure sales effectiveness reporting, Porter product strategies, administration policies pipeline reporting, policies and procedures are in compliance with strategic direction in cooperation with Director, Corporate and Group Sales
* With the support of the Director, Corporate and Group Sales, lead, implement and manage account planning process for all strategic and key accounts in all segments
* Under the guidance and approval of the Director, Corporate and Group Sales, co-develop sales targets, account growth targets and budget requirements
* Ensure all facets of customer experience are met or exceeded based on the execution of Charter or Group events to drive exceptional customer satisfaction
* Maintain face-to-face relationships with strategic and key account segments
* Participate in applicable networking opportunities and industry events representing Porter
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote The Company Safety Policy.
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Exemplifying Integrity: Treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully, furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust with team members and the broader community.
* Inspiring Others: Energizing and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers.
* People Leadership: Assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
* Leading Change: Recognizing the need for change, being open to new ideas and methods, and championing transformational change within the organization and beyond.
* A minimum of 5 years of industry relevant procurement and/or strategic sales expertise
* Post-Secondary education
* Ability to motivate and lead teams
* Goals, objectives and measurement oriented
* Field-based self-starting attitude with strong communication skills
* Working knowledge of CRM and/or SFA tools
* Knowledge of airline, travel agency sales, account management and industry relations practices
* Knowledge of client travel program optimization methodologies, measurement, training, change management, marketing channels to enhance Porter offerings, sales force effectiveness and tool development
* Working knowledge of all forms of payment used by agencies and corporate accounts
* Industry profile and relationships
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date October 18, 2017
* Reference ID 78-62-21