3 months ago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
At Air Canada, we are passionate about building great digital customer experiences that help our customers travel the world. As we continue to grow the company into a global champion, technology is playing a leading role in all aspects of our customer’s journey. As a part of that growth we are not only investing in what we build and how we build it, but the culture we are building around it as well.
Air Canada is seeking a highly motivated, detail orientated Manager of Mobile Products to join the Information Technology team at Air Canada. The ideal candidate is responsible for implementing the strategy and for leading its execution of Air Canada’s customer-facing Mobile platform and day of travel experience. This individual must be well versed in mobile technologies, must be customer journey centric, and have a passion for the travel industry. They also must be comfortable in working in a high paced, high energy, collaborative environment with a focus on a continuous product delivery model. Reporting to the Manager – Enterprise Web Services, Mobile Applications, & Product Distribution, this individual will be responsible for a group of Business Analysts and therefore must have previous experience in managing and motivating people.
* Lead the planning, development and implementation of features and functions, including but not limited to, the Air Canada mobile and Flight Pass mobile applications, mobile check-in, FLIFO, Push Notification (ONS), and Enterprise Notification System (ENS) as set out by the overall IT roadmap.
* Responsible for creating, prioritizing, and delivering the Mobile enhancements and features schedule to support the team’s key performance indicators.
* Lead and mentor a team of business analysts and an Agile development team to build and support industry leading mobile applications.
* Establish oneself as the IT Subject Matter Expert when it comes to Mobile applications and day of travel IT systems.
* Establish and lead the migration to a new issue and project management tools to support an Agile approach to delivery.
* Collaborate with internal and external partners to bring digital priorities to market.
* Collaborate across various business teams at Air Canada to identify new features and changes to support various initiatives.
* Understand and be up to date with current trends in digital, retail, and technology where mobile is concerned and will apply learnings within Air Canada.
* Identify and promote innovative ways of working together using existing and new processes and tools.
* Prepare and communicate presentations and actively participate in meetings with all levels of management and senior leadership across the company.
* Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to develop test strategies, test scripts, and ensure overall product quality.
* Participate as a Major Incident Owner on an on-call capacity in the team’s rotation schedule.
* Bachelor’s degree (BComm, BEng, BSc) in an appropriate field (ex: Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business Technology Management), with 5+ years of analysis or product management experience focused on digital products.
* Minimum 2 years of experience leading a small team of direct reports.
* Strong management, organizational and planning skills.
* Strong understanding of at least one type of Agile process.
* Experience with SDLC tools like JIRA, Confluence, and RTC.
* Experience with understanding analytics reports from tools like Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
* Experience with troubleshooting tools such as TeaLeaf or Glassbox.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong experience in complex digital projects.
* Ability to energize people in fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Deep understanding of digital design guidelines across multiple touch points.
* Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities.
* Ability to provide clear direction and effective communication both in technical and business terms.
* Prior experience with Quality Assurance an asset.
* Airline or Travel Industry experience an asset.
* Coding or design experience an asset.
* Experience in budgeting and contract negotiation an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Information Technology