6 months ago
Manager, Government Finance
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53513BR Date posted 09/11/City Windsor Locks
Introduction to UTC Aerospace Systems:
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
BU and/or Job Function Description:
This role allows you to be a part of a finance team where every day is unique and exciting. Are you ready to analyze a diverse set of products that really make a difference? If so, then UTC Aerospace Systems is the place for you! By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to support thousands of aerospace, defense and space systems across more than 150 sites in 26 countries. Additionally, as UTC Aerospace Systems is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (Fortune 50), it operates as its own business with its own reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a mission that truly makes a difference to modern flight and space advancements, then this team is right for you!
The Government Finance & Controls Team (GF&C) is part of the UTAS World Headquarters Controllers’ Organization, based in Windsor Locks, CT. The Specialist, Government Financial and Compliance Controls, is a core finance position that serves as part of the GF&C team supporting UTAS’ compliance with United States Government (USG) financial and contracting regulations. This includes regular interface with a broad finance network at all levels and organizations within the company and liaising with USG Leadership in the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and Defense Contract Audit agency (DCAA).
Working in a dynamic environment, the person in this role will partner with the business to enable strategies which maximize cost recovery, limit regulatory burden, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to compliance and controls. This role will help the candidate to develop subject matter expertise in USG Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and USG business systems, which are valuable skillsets to enable career growth as a financial leader within UTAS/UTC’s aerospace businesses.
* Calculate assigned overhead rates for quarterly actuals and yearly preliminary final rates
* Partner with business unit Controllers to develop forecasted forward pricing rate financials on a CAS/FAR compliant basis (a forward pricing rate proposal, or “FPRP”), based on the GAAP financial plan
* Serve as a point of contact with senior USG leadership (DACO, DCMA, DCAA) on overhead rates, compliance, financial reporting, and audit related matters
* Negotiate forward pricing rate agreements (FPRA) with the USG in partnership with the UTAS business unit Financial Controllers
* Prepare, report, and analyze actual financial results for business unit finance organizations and the USG
* Partner with the Government Finance team to drive and maintain a sound USG controls environment and to provide guidance to business unit customers on compliance related matters
* Assist in developing and maintaining USG accounting disclosure statements
* Assist with annual UTAS GAAP and USG accounting change process
4-8 years of progressive experience in Accounting and Finance related roles, preferably within a large global corporation.
Strong financial accounting / GAAP background.
Strong analytical, customer focus, and communication skills.
Must be a strong team player who has the ability to communicate effectively across the organization, with external USG customer leadership, and with UTC.
Demonstrate a strong controls mindset and be willing to facilitate and drive effective controls throughout the organization
Demonstrate a focus on achieving results
“Nice to Have” Qualifications:
USG business experience
Regulatory knowledge of CAS, FAR, and USG business systems requirements
Experience assessing financial and/or USG controls (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, public accounting audit, internal audit, USG contracting, etc.)
* While the above experience is preferred, the UTAS team has the ability to help candidates who may not have USG specific experience develop the necessary expertise to be successful in this position and in future aerospace leadership roles.
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance is required
CPA, MBA, or Masters Degree is preferred but not required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.