6 months ago
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Are you an experienced and strategic leader looking to apply your proven people and process skills to complex human capital challenges? If so, we have a role that might be the right fit for you. We are seeking a high energy, transformative leader to join our team at Alaska Airlines.
The HR Manager provides consultation and leadership on human resources strategy, programs, and services to support and sustain a high performance culture. This position leads the engagement survey process, facilitates organizational design and change management, supports leadership development, and coaches leaders to optimize their people practices.
Scope & Complexity
- The position leads a team of business partners supporting Alaska Airline Air Operations.
- Builds, inspires and leads a team, programs, and scalable processes which result in an effective approach to the company's human capital needs and a high performance culture.
- Forges strong relationships with divisional leaders and HR team members by listening, understanding needs, defining shared objectives, proactively consulting, and collaborating to meet organizational goals.
- Provides integrated and customer-focused HR business solutions to assigned business units. Enhances and builds the capability of the business unit by ensuring the people component is incorporated into strategic planning, development, and assessment.
- Partners with business leaders to develop a comprehensive people strategy that addresses organizational effectiveness, onboarding of new leaders, leadership development, engagement, workforce & succession planning, performance managements and training support.
- Serves as a project manager for various HR-related and cross functional projects, including development and implementation of company-wide people programs, ensuring that change management best practices are applied.
- Communicates HR initiatives and serves as a liaison between partner group and HR functional areas regarding service delivery. Proactively maintains an open line of communication with managers and employees on HR service-related issues.
- Consults with managers to ensure that all intended results of performance management are maximized to create, recognize, and maintain a high performance culture and to manage non-performers.
- Teams with division leaders to drive increased participation with the employee engagement survey. Assists leaders with post-survey action planning and conducts necessary training to ensure effective action plans are created.
- Assists with other HR support as needed, such as compensation and job analysis, recruiting, and employee relations, etc.
- Partners with the centralized HR investigation team and provides consulting services.
- Leads, develops and engages a team of business partners to drive high performance.
- Partners with other HR leaders and the rest of the Alaska Air Group (AAG) HR community to foster engagement, create a great place to work, and provide a hassle-free and world-class experience to internal clients, employees, candidates and other stakeholders.
Job-Specific Skills (years of experience, key knowledge, skills & abilities)
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on leadership experience, including experience leading multiple functions simultaneously in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant HR experience, including a strong knowledge of employment law.
- Proven change management skills and a thirst for applying research and best practices to existing business problems.
- Deep experience designing and managing complex processes, as well as managing projects.
- Excellent strategy, organizational, interpersonal, leadership, and customer service skills.
- High energy and positive with top-notch written and verbal communication, public speaking, influence, and motivational skills.
- Innovative, apolitical, resilient, fact-based, and a creative solutions-focused mindset, with ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing, collaborative environment and to manage conflict.
- Proven ability to leverage business acumen and analytic capability to position HR organization as change agents and key business partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other Microsoft products.
- Able to travel for business, often on short notice.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP professional certification.
- Compensation knowledge or experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent work experience with AAG, is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S..
The location for this position is in San Francisco, California
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: 9/13/17
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.