Director, Network & Connectivity Solution
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Eskimo painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska is the premier airline for people on the West Coast and, together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 90 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion.
- Provides oversight and strategic administration of the Information Security Governance Program
- Formalizes a governance program where multiple stakeholders across IT share ownership and contribute to critical decision-making related to security risk to ensure greater business involvement in information risk decision-making
- Leads the IS Governance team; coaches, counsels and develops team members
- Determines objectives for steering committee oversight; fosters stakeholder participation, decision rights and risk acceptance process
- Partners with Information Security leadership to develop a long term Information Security strategy; ensuring strategic alignment with enterprise IT strategy and goals.
- Builds and maintains a controls and compliance framework to address PCI, SOX and internal audit requirements
- Defines Information Security program maturity goals and metrics for controls and compliance
- Defines and reports performance metrics for Information Security program
- Aligns Information Security frameworks, processes, and committees with the enterprise IT organizational structure(s)
- Ensures all staff members are trained on enterprise and governmental security requirements through awareness programs
- Develops, manages and continuously improves Information Security projects relating to protecting customer and company information
- Partners with Information Security Threat Defense team to support 3rd party information risk assessment program
- Creates and maintains a framework and exception process for Information Security policy and standards
- Maintains the scope and integrity of Cardholder Data Environment (CDE)
- Monitors trends in information technology and security that could have an impact on the security of the organization's products, processes, infrastructure, or customers
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, plus ability to juggle multiple tasks, have a proactive work style, customer service focus, and flexibility
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with the Alaska Airlines values of Integrity, Professionalism, Resourcefulness, and Caring
- Bachelor's degree with specialization in Information Security, Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 8 years of IT security or IT compliance/assurance experience within the last ten years required
- Minimum 6 years of direct experience managing PCI compliance required
- Minimum 6 years of direct experience managing SOX compliance required
- Minimum 6 years of direct experience managing an Internal Controls Framework required
- Minimum 4 years managing projects required
- Minimum 4 years as a leader of an IT Team required
- Detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols
- Detailed knowledge and experience managing compliance for Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry (PCI), and standards such as ISO27001, NIST
- Experience interpreting and communicating complex requirements pertaining to policies, standards, and compliance regulations and laws
- Knowledge and experience with eGRC tools
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC and/or other security/assurance certifications
- Ability to work independently, while functioning as part of a team; be results oriented, have a bias for action, and be self-motivated
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents and interact with other teams
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: November 14, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.