Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, and Mexico on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The IT Service Desk Manager’s role is to develop, implement and support processes for reporting, tracking managing, and escalating IT incident and service requests in a 24x7x365 critical services environment. Position is responsible for managing service desk personnel, monitoring incident, change management and service request activity, creating staffing schedules, and maintaining SLA levels. IT Service Desk Manager will establish standardization around policies, procedures, and best practices pertinent to the service desk operations. The IT Service Desk Manager will work closely with other decision makers to ensure the IT Department is aligned with the business objectives.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively recruit, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities.
- Manage the workflow related to incident and/or service requests in a commercial tracking system that will record, analyze and report on incidents that are service and/or operations affecting Use effective judgment and professional initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to customer and end user support issues, queries, challenges and escalations. Frontier Airlines has a business purpose and/or presence in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
- Maintain and share with management and personal all relevant project work plans and project deliverables related to equipment deployments, workstation patching, employee moves/adds/changes, and other IT projects having a service desk component.
- Manage to a capital and expense budget and exercise good judgment in the disposition and handing of IT assets.
- Manage the hiring and firing of staff reporting to the position.
- Liaise with business units in order to establish and maintain an effective understanding of their business model.
- Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to customer and end user support.
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, for example: work schedules, vacation schedules; payroll, appraisals and safety documentation.
- Manage and maintain compliancy standards and controls for SOX/PCI/TSA and provide evidence of process and audit trails.
- Determine and report on metrics relevant to the successful processing of incident and service requests including response times and user satisfaction levels. Use the information to create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop staff work schedules and adjust as needed based on expected call volumes
- Oversee the maintenance of the solutions base and adherence to defined process by members of the Service Desk.
- Maintain a regular and effective communications plan to ensure that consistent messages and service levels are delivered to the end users.
- Set customer services standards and develop guidelines and ensure that they are followed by Service Desk and other IT staff.
- Oversee Change Management process and operations
- Communicate with shipping brokers and related authorities, and customers and suppliers, as required in all relevant states and countries that Frontier Airlines has a business purpose and/or presence, as necessary to ensure lawful relations, support and a successful delivery.
- Manage an IT check list for airport openings, changes, moves and closures wherever Frontier Airlines has a business purpose and/or presence in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- MCP certification or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years managerial/supervisory experience
- At least 3 years’ experience managing a service desk or client services department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to facilitate a climate of cohesiveness, cooperation and team work
- Ability to adapt to new, different, or changing situations
- Ability to schedule activities and set priorities so deadlines are met, goals accomplished
- Strong project and resource management skills and experience managing both onshore and offshore staff
- Experience with the airline industry a plus.
- Exhibit leadership skills required to manage resources as well as projects deliverables.
- Self-directed IT professional with strong work ethics
- Strong oral and written skills both technical and non-technical
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful team environment.
- Ability to quickly assimilate, analyze, and prioritize incoming work requests
- Demonstrated troubleshooting approach and skills
- Strong interpersonal, business management, and customer service skills
- Experience with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.