Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 60 destinations in the United States, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Jamaica on more than 270 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2015 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Manager, Maintenance Control Center (MCC) reports to the Sr. Manager, Mtce Ctrl Center and assists with staffing and budgeting requirements for the department. Serves as an authority when making system operation decisions. Provides communication and coordination with Flight Dispatch, System Operations Control, Station Operations, Line Maintenance, Heavy Maintenance, Inspection, Engineering and Purchasing to ensure continued safety.
· Direct the daily activities of MCC during his/her shift, ensuring continual safe aircraft for scheduled service. This includes ensuring a seamless transition of all personnel and shifts and continuous briefing of daily fleet-wide mechanical status to the Director, Maintenance and senior management members.
· Provide technical assistance and guidance to Line Maintenance (including Contract Maintenance), RON Maintenance, and Heavy Check Maintenance personnel and detail required maintenance actions to repair aircraft discrepancies
· Continually design and implement plans to reduce delays and cancellations.
· Assists the Sr. Manager, MCC in creating and administering work schedules, performance objectives/goals and training for MCC personnel and the contracted MEL Specialist.
· Single source contact for the Director, Maintenance and Sr Manager , Maintenance Control Center.
· Ensure all required audits are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
· Monitor the MEL/CDL/NEF Program processes for accuracy.
· Make FMIS entries as required.
· Participate in Reliability Board meetings.
· In departments without supervisors, ensure that personnel within the department including themselves have current training and qualifications to perform assigned tasks.
· FAA-certificated mechanic with Airframe and Powerplant ratings
· Five years of combined heavy and line maintenance and maintenance control experience
· Five years of supervisory/management experience in a maintenance operations environment
· College courses and pursuit of degree
· Preferred — College degree
· Preferred — FCC Radio license
· Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value, and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company
· Must have the ability to plan, organize, and administrate workloads to subordinates
· Must attend and successfully complete Maintenance Training Required Inspection Item course
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of Airbus and Boeing Aircraft
· Proven leadership and motivational skills
· Excellent knowledge of Maintenance Operation
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with other departments.
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Ability to work under stressful situations
· Working knowledge of Microsoft software including Word, Excel and ACCESS
· Ability to collect data, act as expert for technical content, and logically organize information for publication