5 months ago
The Manager of Airport Affairs will represent Spirit Airlines in its business with airport operators, landlords and other air carriers relative to airport development, real estate and facilities projects throughout the assigned portfolio. Support Spirit’s
operational strategy by negotiating and administering required leases/agreements and make certain operating facilities are adequate for Spirit’s operation and in accordance to company standards. Analyze and model financial impacts of space and airport rate
changes so that Spirit may make sound operational and business decisions. Leverage all available resources to minimize cost associated with real estate leases.
* Spirit Representation: Serve as primary business contact with airports. Represent Spirit and be an active participant on Airline-Airport Affairs Committees in matters pertaining to annual operating and capital budgets, rates & charges,
use/lease agreements and negotiations. Work with other airlines, airport officials and airport regulatory agencies to further Spirit’s strategic objectives. Participate and advise Senior Management and internal stakeholders on technical projects relating
to airport capital programs.
* Cost Control: Manage mid-year and annual rates and charges adjustments issued by the airports. Analyze and work with airports and OAs to minimize rates and charges. Maintain detailed airport rates and charges models in order to provide
accurate budgets and forecasts. Be an active participant in the annual Operating and Capital Budget preparations by providing input and direction on all CRE cost centers. Review and approve airport invoices to verify that charges are accurate and in-line
with budget and forecast.
* Compliance: Negotiate and provide recommendations on contracts, subleases, use/lease and consortium agreements with airports, vendors and other carriers. Coordinate internal approvals of leases and facility projects in accordance with corporate
policy. Facilitate proper issuance of required lease submittals.
* Strategic Planning: Assess future schedules to determine if airport facilities will be able to accommodate Spirit’s operation. Review five year airport CIP and debt service profiles. Coordinate with appropriate Spirit departments to assess
upcoming opportunities or risks which may impact operational decisions such as analyze and provide feedback on facility aosset utilization at various airports. This would include aircraft gate utilization and airport ticket counter allocations and their associated
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Finance, Accounting), Aviation, Construction or related field. JD or MBA preferred.
* Minimum 2+ years’ experience in aviation, real estate, or finance.
* AAAE or ACI-NA Certifications preferred.
* Possess the ability to serve as the representative of Spirit Airlines in meetings with airports and other carriers to promote Spirit’s interest and operations requirements.
* Ability to travel in excess of 50%
* Lift up to 50 lbs.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and
promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.